Good day, there! Make sure the seat belt is securely fastened. We’ll show you the OrionPower OGG-3490CH, a long-lasting but low-cost gas-powered framing nailer. Although it is relatively new in the framing nailer market, the American company OrionNexus, which manufactures this product, began operations in 2012.
For contractors who are looking for a versatile tool with a tad price, the OGG-3490CH cordless framing nail gun will be a perfect choice. You will find a combination of energy and reliability in it. There are very few cordless framing nailers on the market that allows you to drive both clipped and round head framing nails like this one.
Moreover, the Li-ion Battery and Propylene-Butane Fuel Cell make it highly portable and well balanced to perform framing, sheathing, subflooring, decking, siding, and crate-making work like a pro.
Let’s discover some performance and technical issues about this young but fantastic gas cartridge nail gun.
OrionPower OGG-3490CH Gas-Powered Cordless Framing Nailer
- Cordless, Portable, Lightweight usage on the job site, with no hoses or compressors.
- Lithium Ion Battery Technology fires 4000 shots on a single charge
- Generic Propylene-Butane Fuel Cells deliver plenty of power, each cell firing 1200 nails
- Fires up to 3.5 inch 30-34 Degree Clipped or Round Head Paper Strip Collated Framing Nails
- Also Includes: Two Li-Ion Rechargable Batteries, Charger, Carrying Case, Goggles.
Specification Of OrionPower OGG-3490CH
- Power Source: Cordless gas powered
- Fastener Range: 2 – 3.5 inch
- Nail Angle: 30-34 Degree Paper Strip Collated
- Head Type: Clipped or Round Head
- Shank Diameter: .113 to .131 inch
- Nail Head Diameter: .266 to .303 inch
- Magazine Load Capacity: 48 nails per magazine
- Cycle Rate: 2 nails per second
- Fuel Cell Life: up to 1200 nails
- Battery Life: up to 4000 nails
- Recharge Time: 2 Hours
- Weight: 8.16 lbs (3.7 kg)
- Dimensions: 13.7 x 13.3 x 4.2 inch
Key Features Of OrionPower OGG-3490CH
- Portable, cordless and lightweight
- Can fire 4000 nails per charge of the Li-ion battery
- The powerful shoot comes from the Propylene-Butane fuel cells
- With a single fuel cell, it can fire 1200 nails
- Allows both clipped and round head nails
- The package includes two Li-ion battery, charger, carrying case, and goggles
Performance And Technical Issues Of OrionPower OGG-3490CH
With this OGG-3490CH gas-powered framing nailer, you can drive 50 to 90 mm (2 to 3½ inches), 0.113 to 0.131 gauges of 30-34 degree paper collated any generic brand nails. It complies with both the complete round head and clipped head nails.
When you need to drive faster and more nails per sec, the clipped head nails come in handy. On the other side, you could go with the round head nails when you need extra gripping power and concrete fastening performance.
Compact And Portable Design
Like Makita Gn900Se, OrionPower OGG-3490CH utilizes a 7.2-volt 1.5Ah lithium-ion battery that is accountable for a solid stroke while not increasing the weight of the device. Therefore, the tool weight of 3.7 Kg (8.16 lbs.) and 13.7×4.2×13.3 dimensions make it easy to work in tight angles as well as portable from one place to another without dragging cords or hoses.
Oh! I forgot to notice that you could actuate 4000 nails per charge with this 7.2-volt OrionPower battery, and it takes about two hours to fully charged. It’s so pleasing, ha!
Generic Gas Cartridge Nail Gun
OGG-3490CH is run by a 165-mm propylene-butane fuel cell capable of producing plenty of power to flush up to 3.5-inch shank smoothly in any planks. With each gas canister you could drive 1200 nails and the OrionPower cordless framing nail gun compatible with Paslode, Hitachi, PowerMax, and other fuel cells. So, there is no worry about the availability of gas cartridges.
Useful Carry Case
The device comes in a hard plastic-made useful carry case, and the case includes the following items for your ready-to-start fastening.
- 2x Lithium-ion Rechargeable battery
- 1x 12v Charger
- 1x safety goggles
- 2x hex wrench
- One pair foam earplugs
Fuel cell not included. Fuel, nails are available at Amazon under the OrionPower brand.
The method of unjamming the OrionPower OGG-3490CH nailer is shown in the flow diagram below. Although it’s not tool-free, with only two rotations of hex wrench you can quickly open the nose and expel jammed nails to make your device workable.
Tool-Free Depth Adjustment
You can adjust the depth of drive with a wheel-type knob in this nailer like other high-end brands.
Rear Loading Magazine
By following easy two steps, you can load nails in this OGG-3490CH framing nailer. The magazine can hold up to 48 pins.
Reversible Rafter Hook
You can set the holding hook either left or right according to your comfort.
Pros Of OrionPower OGG-3490CH
- Portable and Lightweight
- Powerful and efficient
- Affordable compared to other same range nailers
- Compatible with any branded gas cartridges
- Easy tool-free depth adjustment system
- Easy two-step nail loading system
- Hung on a rafter with its reversible Rafter hook
- Decent cycle rate can shoot two nails per sec
- 1-year full warranty
Cons Of OrionPower OGG-3490CH
- Change of fuel cell is a bit of expensive
- Observe delay in firing nails
- Hard to find a replacement of the battery
- Customer support is awful
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q1. Where I Find The Compatible Nails For This Gun?
You can use any generic brand clipped or round head 30 -34 degree plastic collated nails in this OrionPower OGG3490CH nail gun.
Q2. Can I Drive Concrete Nails With It?
The OrionPower cordless framing nailer is compatible to drive only framing nails onto the wood surface. So, you might not flush concrete nails with it.
Q3. Is It Handle Large Scale Projects Or Only Suitable For Small Tasks?
Yes! You can use it to complete your large-scale projects.
The user-friendliness and convenience of this cordless gas powered framing nailer is incredible. It is prepared to perform high-intensity work as well as to support efficient DIY work.
The best part of this OrionPower OGG3490CH gas-powered nailer is that it has all the characteristics, like other high-end nailers, but does not increase its purchase cost. So, if you’re looking for something new and reasonably priced, you might be thinking about it.
- Best cordless framing nailer with buying guide
- Best Wood Routers Review and Buying Guide
- Best Finish Nailer Reviews and Buying Guide
- Best Brad Nailer Reviews and Buying Guide
- Best Circular Saw Under $100 Reviews
Tools Mirror is reader-supported. When you shop through retailer links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
One of the simplest ways to update and refresh a room is to install a chair rail in it. But without a nail gun, it can be a challenge to properly install this decorative molding. Although not...
At being slightly more expensive than wood studs (by about 30%), metal studs are increasingly preferred to wood framing because of their longevity, straightness, lightweight, and improved resistance...